Welcome to Breakthrough Minneapolis!
In 2017, Breakthrough Ministries, Inc. expanded to make room for several Kingdom-growing programs. Breakthrough Minneapolis is one of those programs. We have been charged with continuing Breakthrough’s 9-year legacy of serving the homeless and poor in Minneapolis. Same people, same program, same location, just a slightly different name.
Our ministry is about connecting those who have a passion to build relationships, serve, pray and offer encouragement, with a community of people who are desperate to know their true value in the eyes of God.
It’s easy to get involved! Join us on a Sunday evening to serve dinner and attend our worship service. We can also help you plan an outreach event with your friends, small group, missional community or church!
Start a small fire- first in each heart, and then in the heart of Minneapolis.
At each and every sunrise you will hear my voice
as I prepare my sacrifice of prayer to you.
Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on the altar
and wait for your fire to fall upon my heart. –Psalm 5:3 TPT
STATEMENT OF FAITH
What We Believe:
- The Bible. We believe that the Holy Bible is God’s Word, without error in the original manuscripts, and our final authority in matters of faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16, Psalm 119:105)
- God. We believe that there is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4), eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19, 2 Corinthians13:13)
- Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus Christ is both fully God and fully human, who by His death on the cross has redeemed us. (1 Timothy 3:16, Isaiah 9:6, Colossians 1:15-20)
- The Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit’s supernatural gifts are available and operative today for all Christians. (Acts 2, 1 Corinthians 12:1-31, 14:1-25, Romans 12)
- Human Nature. We believe that human nature is sinful and is redeemed only through faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:23)
- Salvation. We believe that Christ alone (Acts 4:12, John 14:6) provides salvation. This salvation is a free gift. (“grace”– Ephesians 2:8-9) We believe that one can be certain of eternal life. (“assurance”– John 5:24) We believe that we partake of this free gift of grace by faith alone (Romans 3:28, John 3:16), and thereby enter a lifelong process of change and growth. (Romans 12:2, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Galatians 2:20) The Church. We believe that we are a part of one true Church (Ephesians 4:4-6, Romans 12:5) made up of all who believe in Christ as Lord. We extend the hand of fellowship to all members of this universal Christian Church. (Romans 15:7)
- Prayer. We at Breakthrough Ministries are a people of prayer. We believe that God answers prayer and we encourage everyone to grow in prayer. (James 5:16, Matthew 18:18-20)
- Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe that Jesus instituted Holy Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe that God truly acts in these sacraments, and that our faith is essential for their effectiveness. (Mark 16:16, 1 Corinthians 11:29, John 3:16)
- Changed Life. We believe that becoming a Christian leads to a changed life. (2 Corinthians 5:17) We call this change “sanctification,” which is a lifelong process of growth in selfless love, humility, service, stewardship, and holiness under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Change and growth are not optional for those saved by grace. (James 2:17, Romans 12:2) Because a good tree bears good fruit (Matthew 7:17-18), people justified by grace through faith act on that faith and will change and grow in Christ. (2 Peter 3:18, James 1:22, 2 Corinthians 3:18, 5:17, Ephesians 4:22-24)
Practicing our Faith:
- We believe that a full sexual relationship belongs within the boundaries of a publicly committed marriage between one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:24, Ephesians 5:31, Exodus 20:14, Romans 1:26-27)
- We believe the sanctity and defense of all human life including the unborn. (Deuteronomy 30:19, Jeremiah 1:5, Proverbs 31:8)
- We believe that we are to be proactive in peacemaking. (Ephesians 2:14, Matthew 5:9)
- We believe that Christians are to work actively to break down the barriers that divide people; especially those of race, economics, and gender. (Acts 10:34-35, Galatians 3:28). We do not believe that these distinctions will matter in heaven and believe that the church on earth should begin to mirror this eventual reality. (Matthew 6:10)